Friday, January 8, 2016

Fresh Beginnings for the New Year

Every year we have a new chance at a new Beginning.  We set goals for a new life, new job, new relationships, new house, etc......

I always try to change something personally.  Usually its my health- eat better, exercise more,  or organization- make a plan, make a list, stick to it... bla bla bla.

Happy New Year


RESOLUTIONS
Making resolutions is a great way to make personal changes, but how do we make a resolution that really sticks.  
One way to make them really stick is to be very specific on what it is you are trying to do.  
an example would be : I want to lose weight wouldn't be very specific but I want to lose 10 pounds would.  Then you have to figure out how many calories are in a pound and how many you need to cut out of every day, every meal etc..  to lose weight.  

One of the things I always want to do after the Holiday's is clean out the clutter. It seems like you have your house looking really good and then BAM!! After the Holiday's its a  cluttered up mess. 
 Ridding your house of clutter can become overwhelming, so get a plan and dig in and get it done.  

I like to divide my house into sections-

  • Kitchen
  • Living Room
  • Bathroom


Then I subdivided it even more-
  
Kitchen- 

  • a) drawers
  • b) cupboards
  • c) pantry
  • d) spices 
I do this until I have everything listed.  Then I decide when this will happen, I don't try to do it all at once.  It is too overwhelming.  This way I can cross it off my list and see my accomplishments.  It feels good when you can cross it off the list.  
Break it down into 10 to 15 minute jobs so it can be done before and after work with ease.  I just did my pantry.  I combined all the spices that were doubles and alphabetized them.  My family laughs at me when I do this.  But when I go into the pantry the next time, I know right where the cinnamon is because I know my alphabet.  Now these aren't perfectly alphabetized but they good enough for me ot see where they are.  You have to make some exceptions.. 


When you break it down into 10-15 min sessions it's not so overwhelming.  This is also a good time to get new organizational supplies too.  Whether it is a new shelf or bakers rack to hold things in a new decorative way or just something fun like a new wine rack. A wine rack can do two things, it can organize your wine so at a glance you know what you have on hand and it can be decorative too.   Here are some examples of what we have at Up north furniture.   I really like both the top one is great for taking care of wine and glasses but can be hard if space is an issue.  It holds 24 bottles of wine and plenty of space to hold stemware with a table top. Very nice looking!
I really like this option if space is limited.  I love the Wrought Iron look and think it looks really sharp. This sturdy rack is a wall mount and can hold 9 bottles of wine.
So check us out at Up North Furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment