Saturday, January 30, 2016

Snuggle Up on Valentine Day!!

Valentine Day is fast approaching, I know this time of year i'm thinking what can I do for my loved ones that isn't too cheesy.  Lets face it, some stuff is really cheesy....

I have parents, children and grand children.  Everyone likes a little special treat once in a while. I try not to go overboard but I like to make my loved ones feel special once in a while.

On Valentine Day try to be a little more practical, For the grandkids make them heart shaped chocolate cupcakes.  Spend a little time decorating them.  Kids really appreciate the effort that you put into it.  I like to use frostings and candies to create a special treat for my grand children.  Besides it fun!!

For that special man or woman in you life, You might want to take it to a deeper level,  Jewelry is always nice but after you have done that a time or two.  what other ideas do you have to make that special person feel like you adore them.  I mean that's what it's all about right??

Valentine Day isn't for any other reason but than to appreciate a relationship you have.

black microfiber sectional sofa in black ash
A great idea would be if you got a new piece of furniture, like a fresh new love seat or sectional sofa. Nothing makes you feel better than a new look or a new piece to brighten up a room. 

Can you imagine bringing this sectional sofa home to your wife/husband and putting in a movie and snuggling up for an evening.  I personally would love it.  Make some home made hot cocoa, or open that special bottle of wine.  You find this and others at Up North Furniture.

I have a really good recipe for hot cocoa.  I get so many compliments on it.  Try it and see if you get request for it over and over.  I live in Northern Michigan so in February we drink a lot of hot cocoa!! :)


Hot Cocoa


Make this hot cocoa and make some special memories for years to come... 


1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup water
4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Marshmallows (optional)

Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Stir in milk, and heat thoroughly (do not boil).  Stir in vanilla.  Serve cocoa immediately with marshmallows, if desired.  
Yield: 4 1/2 cups.  
I have made this recipe for my friends and family for years.  I always get great compliments.. Hope you do too... 
Happy Valentine Day!!









No comments:

Post a Comment